Skip to main content

Be A Builder

       So we have all heard of the term constructive criticism, right? Now think back to the last time you gave someone your two cents. Was that someone a family member, a friend, a co-worker or even one of your children? When you gave them your criticism did you offer advice on how they could improve themselves? Now really think; if your answer is "No" then you where a destroyer. We must all become builders. As a builder you should give sound advice. You should be kind ,and thoughtful of your words and tone when speaking. If you would like the person to do better; you must show them that you mean well. It is so easy to judge or berate  person. It takes a wonderful soul to lift someone up and point them in the right direction.



          Let's go home. Home to our comfortable furniture, familiar surroundings and loved ones. We tend to be harsher towards the ones we are closest too. It's weird because it should be the opposite way around. We should show the utmost care and concern for our loved ones. But we often dismiss them because we know they will forgive us later. What if there is not a later. I want my girlfriend to know that I love her now. I want my ma to know that I am her solace. I am not perfect, no not by far. But I am going to refrain from destructive communication. I have to retrain my mind to perpetuate positivity. I must tell myself "I will communicate better with those closest to me." It all starts at home be cause your home is truly where your heart is.

      Friends seem to be the most forgiving people you will have. Friends will take crap from you and dish it back, then laugh about it tomorrow. Friends are also the quickest to disappear. Well that is my story atleast. Yes, I have abandonment issues and I have solid reasons to have them. So my issue is knowing how to accept criticism and jokes from associates and new friends. I have to gauge where their statements are coming from. And is there purpose to build me or destroy me, I've been surrounded by destroyers most of my life, so it is ironic that I am the opposite. It is hard for me to trust others intentions . I must tell myself "I will be open to criticism and take note on plausible statements."




      We should all try our best to realize and accept the fact that no one is perfect, and recognize that judgement is a destructive. Now tell yourself "I will be thoughtful and kind when I speak.", "I will accept the fact that no one is perfect not even me.", "I will talk to others the way I would liked to be talked too.", "I will give truly constructive criticism or say nothing at all." What you just told yourself where positive affirmations. You must have faith that through treating others better that their life and yours will change for the better. Be a builder; help someone raise someone up. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Stop Believing - Maintain Your Faith

          There comes a time in a man's life whereas he must yield to a greater power and let GOD lead him. Many people are to egocentric, bull headed or simply to afraid to act on GOD's word. Thank goodness  I was not. 1 year ago to this date I asked my father in heaven for guidance and he answered me swiftly. I was working in a career path that I grew in financially fast, but I was unhappy and very stressed. To  the point I felt I was getting ulcers. The stress level raised so high one day I got of from a long day of  work and parked my work van. I got out of my vehicle to stretch and I passed out. I woke up about 3  minutes later with scrapes on my left arm and face. It was after office hours no one would have found  me till the morning time if I had not regained consciousness. I realized I had to make a drastic change  toward a positive direction in my life.     Walking in blind faith I started a new leaf on life and it lead me to leaving a career that I was growing substan

New Beginings

          Hello all. This post will be simple, raw, and thought provoking. I have decided to write all my furture blog content free form. Meaning whatever is on my mind for the week is what I'm posting. With that being said this blog post is about new beginings.     First let me reintroduce myself. I am Lenwood Wilson,  Jr.. Please do note the junior, lol. My nickname name growing up was Chip or Big Chip. The nickname name was given to me at birth. It was to symbolize that I would be like my father; ie "Chip off the old block!". My father wasn't around for me after age 5. I am glad to say the negative parts of his character never rubbed of on me.    I grew up in the high crime city of Baltimore, MD U.S.A.. Primary none for sensless killings, drugs and H.I.V.. I was not a homebody and most of my friends where deep in the drug game. I made a conscious choice never to sell drug. I still hung out with my friends whether just chilling, beef or drug transactions. I can only

One Step At A Time

      I don't know what tomorrow holds for me, but I know I have to take it one step at a time. I woke up this morning tired and weary. I am fighting the flu yet I stayed up late last night working on my newest  entrepreneurial venture . I have to get up and go to school. I have to continue to build my Smart Home  startup  website. I have to fiqure out what to write for this blog. Notice I kept repeating that "I have to". That is me willing myself to do. I make them my priorities. Starting a small business and still dealing with my everyday life is a major juggle. This post is for all those worrying about tomorrow. Have faith that a power higher then you will be your guide.       All around my home are positive affirmations; hung on walls, on the shower curtains, on the side tables. It's interesting because these symbolisms where put up by my girlfriend, and she doesn't even like affirmations. She is the type that is just naturally driven and directly i