Skip to main content

Work Hard, Dreamers


      It's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s. birthday and I'd like to talk about dreams. It's funny because dreams  have been consuming my mind for the past few months. Thinking about how I let some get away from me; how I forgot some of them, and what can I do to grasp them. So I started on a journey to affirm my success and reach those goals that I kept postponing.

      "What happens to a dream deferred. Does it dry up in the sun?... Or does it explode?" - Owen Wilson in "Internship" paraphrasing  Langston Huge's "A Dream Deffered". I was just watching the movie and it got me revved up. Here you had two middle aged men. All they knew was one thing, sales. And they weren't the best at it. Then they where told that all you knew wasn't good enough anymore. They where nice fellows that wore they hearts on there sleeves. Both guys were imperfect like we all are. But they reevaluated themselves. Both of them took inventory off their strengths and weaknesses and they owned them. When you take ownership of your life you take back control of it.

      Believe it or not this is something we can all do. Ok, stop for a minute. Think to yourself. Am I happy? Do I enjoy my life? Did I settle for less? Now I'm not just talking about money. I'm talking your overall enjoyment of the life that you are currently living. If you said "No" to all those questions then you need a change. Just last year I asked myself these questions. I said "No" to those questions and I set forth toward new ventures. Yeah, it was scary and thankfully I had emotional support from my girlfriend. But I had to decide for myself that I was better then where I was working. I definitely wasn't happy. I also realized I hadn't truly enjoyed my life in years. I told myself I wasn't gonna settle and be complacent.

                                    

      "If opportunity doesn't knock build a door." - Milton Berle. If you have dreams but can't visualize how to attain them, just do. You find out more by getting out there and figuring out what works best for you. Positive affirmations helps push me everyday. Telling myself that "Building Your Items Now will be worth it," "I am greater than my past failures" and that "I will succeed in life." So I'm making moves to coincide with my affirmations. I stay self determined every day. It's difficult, no lie.  But  I'd rather work toward my dreams and goals then to twiddle my thumbs. I'd rather work hard for what I want, then to do a ho hum job at it. I have always been the type to be a hard worker, even at jobs that I disliked. So I used that same energy and put it to work. Win or loose I will learn a good lesson. I will know more by taking on this challenge then if I didn't cross the start line.

      I emplore you to have the same mindset. Love, faith and persistence are the driving force behind
all success. So use the love you have for yourself and or the love you have for others to fuel your fire. Have faith in a higher power when troubles come. Be persistent when misfortune happens. Keep yourself motivated and have fun while chasing your dreams. After all, if you don't enjoy it, what's the point?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Stop Believing - Maintain Your Faith

          There comes a time in a man's life whereas he must yield to a greater power and let GOD lead him. Many people are to egocentric, bull headed or simply to afraid to act on GOD's word. Thank goodness  I was not. 1 year ago to this date I asked my father in heaven for guidance and he answered me swiftly. I was working in a career path that I grew in financially fast, but I was unhappy and very stressed. To  the point I felt I was getting ulcers. The stress level raised so high one day I got of from a long day of  work and parked my work van. I got out of my vehicle to stretch and I passed out. I woke up about 3  minutes later with scrapes on my left arm and face. It was after office hours no one would have found  me till the morning time if I had not regained consciousness. I realized I had to make a drastic change  toward a positive direction in my life.     Walking in blind faith I started a new leaf on life and it lead me to leaving a career that I was growing substan

One Step At A Time

      I don't know what tomorrow holds for me, but I know I have to take it one step at a time. I woke up this morning tired and weary. I am fighting the flu yet I stayed up late last night working on my newest  entrepreneurial venture . I have to get up and go to school. I have to continue to build my Smart Home  startup  website. I have to fiqure out what to write for this blog. Notice I kept repeating that "I have to". That is me willing myself to do. I make them my priorities. Starting a small business and still dealing with my everyday life is a major juggle. This post is for all those worrying about tomorrow. Have faith that a power higher then you will be your guide.       All around my home are positive affirmations; hung on walls, on the shower curtains, on the side tables. It's interesting because these symbolisms where put up by my girlfriend, and she doesn't even like affirmations. She is the type that is just naturally driven and directly i

New Beginings

          Hello all. This post will be simple, raw, and thought provoking. I have decided to write all my furture blog content free form. Meaning whatever is on my mind for the week is what I'm posting. With that being said this blog post is about new beginings.     First let me reintroduce myself. I am Lenwood Wilson,  Jr.. Please do note the junior, lol. My nickname name growing up was Chip or Big Chip. The nickname name was given to me at birth. It was to symbolize that I would be like my father; ie "Chip off the old block!". My father wasn't around for me after age 5. I am glad to say the negative parts of his character never rubbed of on me.    I grew up in the high crime city of Baltimore, MD U.S.A.. Primary none for sensless killings, drugs and H.I.V.. I was not a homebody and most of my friends where deep in the drug game. I made a conscious choice never to sell drug. I still hung out with my friends whether just chilling, beef or drug transactions. I can only